Leesburg Car Accident Attorneys
Understanding how your accident happened enables us to obtain compensation
If you’ve been injured in a Virginia auto accident, you may believe you’re entitled to compensation for your medical bills, property damage, lost income and your pain and suffering. But under Virginia’s strict contributory negligence law, unless you can prove that someone else was 100 percent to blame for the accident, you may be out of luck. Insurance companies don’t pay out settlements just to make claimants happy. They much prefer to withhold payments to keep their shareholders happy. At Simms Showers LLP, we have experience with a wide variety of accident scenarios. We work with qualified experts in accident reconstruction to determine the cause of your accident and get you the compensation you deserve, contact our Leesburg car accident attorneys today.
Common traffic accident scenarios in Winchester and Fairfax, VA
Your injuries from your traffic accident may require long-term rehabilitation or may even leave you permanently disabled. These losses cry out for full compensation, which is why you need an experienced car accident attorney to manage your claim. At Simms Showers, we have experience proving fault in different types of vehicle collisions, including:
- Head-on — The deadliest of all collisions, because the force of the two vehicles combines to cause a violent impact. These crashes often occur on undivided highways when one vehicle drifts into the oncoming lane.
- Rear-end — Aggressive or distracted driving usually plays a role in this common traffic collision. Often, the driver of a trailing car has not left enough room to react and brake safely or does not notice the lead car has braked. Rear-end collisions cause concussions, disc injury and ligament damage in the neck and spine.
- T-bone — A broadside accident when one car has entered an intersection illegally, usually by ignoring a stop sign or red light, and two cars strike at a 90 degree angle. The side impact can cause severe whiplash as well as bodily trauma if the force is great enough to compromise the passenger compartment.
- Angular — These auto accidents usually happen when a car entering an intersection late for a turn does not make it all the way through before another car strikes at an angle less than 90 degrees. Although this is the most common intersection collision, it is usually not as serious as a T-bone or head-on. The worst angular crashes occur at T-intersections where resting cars attempt to turn onto highways where there is fast-moving traffic.
- Side-swipe — This type of crash occurs when cars traveling in opposite or the same direction brush along the sides. Side-swipes can turn deadly when the driver of an impacted car loses control and crashes again into another vehicle or a stationary object, or is thrown from the road.
Insurance companies use numerous tactics to get you to settle for less than your case is worth, such as making a low-ball offer, trying to coerce an early settlement before you even know the extent of your injuries, or dragging their feet to process your claim so you’ll accept whatever they offer. But you don’t have to play the insurance company’s game when you have a determined Simms Showers attorney on your side.
Let us help you recover the compensation you deserve
Simms Showers LLP helps victims of vehicle accidents in Leesburg, Fairfax and Winchester recover the maximum compensation possible for their injuries. Our trial-tested Leesburg car accident attorneys have the experience necessary to prove liability and hold negligent drivers accountable. For a free consultation, call 703-457-1793 or contact us online.