Bankruptcy Litigation Attorney
Our complex litigation practice ranges from antitrust to insurance coverage, from RICO and securities to reinsurance, from intellectual property to real property, in federal and state courts across the country.
Simms Showers delivers effective, responsive, sophisticated litigation solutions for its clients in complex business and civil litigation, at a quality and value exceeding many larger firms.
Our complex litigation practice ranges from antitrust to insurance coverage, from RICO and securities to reinsurance, from intellectual property to real property, in federal and state courts across the country. In order to assure control of litigation costs, we work in appropriate matters according to litigation budgets, guaranteeing that fees and expenses do not exceed an agreed percentage of the client’s. Our work in the area of complex litigation includes:
- a Medicare fraud case with a U.S. $8.6 million settlement paid by a national medical testing laboratory, which was the nation’s third largest False Claims Act recovery; and
- a complex international insurance fraud case, resulting in a judgment for our client of US $1.4 million
We have successfully defended a range of complex business matters in the area of professionals’, officers’, and directors’ liability. We advise our clients about how to avoid liability, as well as how to assure that they receive coverage from their insurers. Our work in the area of officers’ and directors’ liability includes:
- Successful conclusion of a US $4 million lender and directors’ and officers’ liability civil racketeering claim;
- Successful conclusion of a US $5 million suit alleging civil RICO and legal malpractice after a financial institution collapsed; and
- A defense verdict in favor of the former Chief Financial Officer of Maryland’s largest health insurer in a $50 million action brought by that insurer’s subscribers.
Simms Showers also represents clients whose litigation matters are considerably more basic than the examples described above, ranging from basic contract and business disputes to motor vehicle accidents.