J. Caleb Jones, Esq.
Johnathan “Caleb” Jones joined the firm in January of 2019. Mr. Jones represents clients in primarily civil, commercial, and employment dispute and litigation matters. Mr. Jones gained significant experience in complex civil litigation at Crowley, Hoge, & Fein, P.C, in Washington, D.C. in a boutique firm specializing in legal malpractice cases. At Simms Showers, he represents clients with both simple and complex matters, litigating in Virginia and Federal courts, as well as administrative and appellate practice. He has significant experience as an attorney in debt collection and defense matters, defending creditors rights in bankruptcy matters, as well as handling construction litigation and transactional matters with small-business corporate clients.
During his time as a law student, he was a winner of the Alvina Moot Court competition, a tournament award-winning member of the Moot Court Honors society, and the recipient of the “highest grade” distinction in his Civil Litigation class at American University, Washington College of Law. His first internship experience was with the Office of the Clerk in the Federal District Court of Maryland at Greenbelt, giving him a first-hand perspective of the entire process of complex litigation.
He currently lives in Northern Virginia with his wife, is a member of Del Ray Baptist Church, and assists with all aspects of litigation at Simms Showers, LLP.
Admissions and Memberships
- Virginia State Bar (2015)
- District of Columbia Bar (2016)
- Federalist Society Chapter President, (AU, WCL 2013-14)
- American University, Washington College of Law (J.D. 2015)
- President of the Federalist Society (2013-2014)
- Moot Court Honors Society
- Louisiana Tech University (M.A.T. 2010)
- Patrick Henry College (B.A. 2008)
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Contract and Defamation Litigation
- Personal Injury and Product Liability
- Debt Collection, Foreclosure and Judicial Sales
- Other Complex Litigation
- Contract Drafting and Review and Small Business Formation