Jonathan Monroe joined Simms Showers LLP in November of 2021 as an Associate Attorney. Mr. Monroe zealously advocates for justice under the law for every client he serves. He regularly represents clients in civil litigation, employment matters, and contract disputes.
Prior to joining Simms Showers, Mr. Monroe gained experience handling criminal cases as an assistant public defender with the Loudoun County Public Defender’s office.
As a law student, Mr. Monroe won various awards for his performance in moot court and trial advocacy competitions. Additionally, he served on the Moot Court board as an associate, as well as a Senior Editor with the Journal for Global Justice and Public Policy. Mr. Monroe also clerked for a law firm which specializes in Constitutional Law with a focus on the protection of First Amendment liberties.
He currently lives in Leesburg, Virginia with his wife and attends Hamilton Baptist Church.
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Employment Law
- Criminal Law
- Regent University School of Law, Virginia Beach, Virginia (J.D. 2020)
- Senior Editor for the Journal for Global Justice and Public Policy.
- Regent University Robertson School of Government. Master of Arts in Government.
- Outstanding Graduate Student.
- Patrick Henry College, Purcellville, Virginia. Bachelor of Arts in Government:
- American Politics and Policy (2016 With Honors)
Admissions and Memberships
- Virginia – 2020