Shannon Baldwin joined the firm as a senior associate attorney in 2022. Ms. Baldwin primarily represents clients in the area of family law. Ms. Baldwin has been engaged in family law litigation since 2009.
Ms. Baldwin was a former elected prosecuting attorney for four years in West Virginia. During that time, she successfully prosecuted a number of high profile and complex cases including six murders. Ms. Baldwin has extensive experience as a public defender and a criminal defense attorney.
Ms. Baldwin also served as a prosecutor in Virgina in both Arlington and Loudoun Counties. She was a certified Guardian Ad Litem and Mental Hygiene Commissioner in West Viginia. Ms. Baldwin has argued before the West Virginia Supreme Court on two occasions. She has participated in moot court training for the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Training Academy in Ashburn, Virginia.
Ms. Baldwin is active in her church, Kingdom Living Ekklesia, located in Herndon, Virginia. She is a former board member of Warm a Heart, Give a Bed, a non-profit dedicated to helping the homeless. Ms. Baldwin enjoys playing tennis and spending time with her family when she is not practicing law.
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Civil Litigation
- WV Abuse and Neglect
Admission and Memberships
- West Virginia, 1999
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia (Federal), 1999
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia (Federal), 2002
- Virginia, 2018
- District of Columbia, 2022
- Loudoun County Bar Association, 2020
- Christian Legal Society (participant)
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., 1999), Morgantown, WV
- King University, cum laude (B.A., 1996), Bristol, TN