Virginia Business Attorney
Forming and operating a business takes considerable time, effort, and other resources, along with dedication to doing what you do best. However, you also need to keep in mind the legal issues behind running your company. Keeping abreast of the latest laws and compliance issues can divert your focus away from what’s important for your future and growth.
Instead of trying to handle it all on your own, trust our team at Simms Showers LLP to tackle the challenging legal issues involved with operating your business. We have decades of combined experience providing a comprehensive suite of services to client organizations of all sizes. Please call our office today to speak with a Virginia business attorney via a free phone consultation, and check out an overview of our work.
Virginia Business Law Services and Counseling
Our attorneys are well-versed in the various operational, transactional, and litigation matters that companies encounter. Whether you need help with starting up, growing your existing business, succession, or winding down, we’re here to support your success and help you achieve your organizational goals. We assist with numerous legal services, tasks, and counseling in such areas as:
- Choice of entity, such as corporation, limited or general partnership, limited liability company, or others;
- Filing formation documents with the Virginia State Corporation Commission;
- Corporate resolutions, meeting minutes, bylaws, amendments, and other governance issues;
- Contracts and commercial transactions;
- Requirements and special rules for professional organizations and non-profit companies;
- Buying or selling a company, mergers and acquisitions, and other reorganizations;
- Employment law, such as hiring, termination, wage and hour issues, employment contracts, discrimination, and harassment;
- Protection of intellectual property;
- Tax planning;
- Loans and financing;
- Real estate transactions and asset management;
- Insurance matters;
- Litigation; and,
- Many more.
Advantages of Retaining Virginia Business Law Attorney
Hiring a lawyer for advice and counsel enables you to inform your business decision-making, putting your company in the best position for success. Our services include such benefits as:
- Ensuring you remain in compliance with state and federal laws on taxes, employment matters, environmental issues, licensing, and others;
- Reducing personal exposure of stakeholders in limited liability entities;
- Certainty in contracts with employees, partners, vendors, and other third-party entities, thereby decreasing the potential for disputes and litigation;
- Protecting your interests in commercial and business transactions;
- Pursuing your legal remedies in court when your company is suffering harm;
- Defending your company if you’re sued by another entity;
- Advocacy in alternative dispute resolution;
- Navigating the audit process; and,
- Facilitating the buying and selling of a business, along with due diligence requirements.
Consult with a Virginia Business Attorney About Your Company Needs
At Simms Showers LLP, our attorneys are dedicated to delivering solid, customized consultative services for your business in a wide range of legal areas. We have knowledge of the relevant laws and skills to assist your company at every stage of its lifecycle.Please contact our firm at 703.879.1364 to conduct a no-cost consultation over the phone. We serve business clients throughout the state from our six conveniently located offices in Virginia.