William R. Thetford Jr., Esq.
Will Thetford is an Associate with Simms Showers LLP and regularly practices in the areas of civil litigation, employment law, and church and nonprofit law. Mr. Thetford is passionate about pursuing justice for his clients, navigating them through an often-complex legal system, and faithfully representing their interests.
Prior to joining Simms Showers, Mr. Thetford gathered a broad array of experience in the law, including his time with the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office, a nonprofit law firm dedicated to protecting First Amendment rights, and serving as a judicial extern for a Federal judge in the Eastern District of Virginia.
Upon graduating from law school, Mr. Thetford clerked for the judges of the Rockingham County Circuit Court in Harrisonburg for Virginia’s 26th Judicial Circuit.
Mr. Thetford also speaks and writes on various topics, especially concerning helping churches and ministries remain vigilant and effective in the face of the dangers that confront them today, such as preventing or addressing child abuse or sexual harassment and various employment matters.
He now lives in Leesburg with his family and is a member of Grace Covenant Church in Sterling, VA. When he is not practicing law, he enjoys spending time with his family, hiking, and otherwise being active outside.
- Church and Nonprofit Law (including incorporations, tax-exempt status, protecting religious liberty, and litigation defense)
- Civil Litigation
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Regent University School of Law, Virginia Beach, Virginia (J.D., 2017 cum laude)
- Member of the Moot Court Board, winning awards as both an oralist and in brief writing
- Managing Editor for the Journal for Global Justice and Public Policy
- Patrick Henry College, Purcellville, Virginia. Bachelor of Arts in Government: American Politics and Policy (2014 magna cum laude)
Admissions and Memberships
- Virginia – 2017
- Eastern District of Virginia (Federal) – 2019
- Western District of Virginia (Federal) – 2019
Contact Simms Showers LLP today
We offer a FREE PHONE CONSULTATION for criminal or personal injury cases. Contact Simms Showers LLP for quality legal counsel today.