Washington, D.C. Non-Profit Attorney
At Simms Showers LLP, our Washington, D.C. non-profit attorneys are skilled, experienced advocates for clients. We have a comprehensive understanding of the unique rules and regulations that govern the formation and management of non-profit organizations. If you need legal guidance, our legal team is ready to help. For a completely confidential, no commitment consultation with a top-rated D.C. non-profit lawyer, please call us today.
An Overview of Our Non-Profit Law Services in Washington, D.C.
We are a full-service law firm representing non-profit organizations across a wide range of issues. Whether you are creating a non-profit, expanding operations, involved in a dispute or anywhere in between, our legal team is here as a resource. Some examples of services we provide to non-profit organizations in Washington, D.C. include:
- Incorporation & Organizational Structures: If you are incorporating a not-for-profit in D.C., we can help. Our firm has experience advising a wide range of non-profit groups, including churches, religious organizations, charities, cooperatives, foundations, and trade associations.
- Tax Law Representation: One of the biggest challenges for non-profit managers is navigating the tax code. At Simms Showers LLP, our D.C. non-profit law attorneys have extensive experience advising clients and representing them before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or in tax court.
- Non-Profit Employment: Many non-profits are subject to both federal employment regulations and District of Columbia employment regulations. If you have questions about employment law, contact us today.
- Charitable Solicitation Registrations (CSR): Along with nearly 40 other states, the District of Columbia requires non-profits to register when soliciting funds. We will make sure that your organization meets its legal requirements.
- International Non-Profit Law: If your not-for-profit organization does foreign work or has a global focus, our D.C. international non-profit law attorneys can help. We have experience handling a wide array of complex legal issues affecting international organizations.
- Dispute Resolution & Litigation: With disputes, a proactive approach can make all of the difference. The sooner you consult with a top-rated attorney, the better. Our Washington, D.C. non-profit lawyers can help your organization file a lawsuit, defend a lawsuit, and work to resolve a dispute outside of litigation.
Why Work With the D.C. Non-Profit Attorneys at Simms Showers LLP
Forming, building, and managing a successful not-for-profit organization is a complicated endeavor. At Simms Showers LLP, we have the skills and unique legal experience needed to effectively represent your firm. When you call our legal team, you will speak to a Washington D.C. non profit attorney who can:
- Conduct an in-depth and confidential assessment of your case;
- Listen to your story and answer your questions; and
- Craft a plan of action and legal strategy to best protect your non-profit.
Contact Our Washington, D.C. Non-Profit Attorneys Today
At Simms Showers LLP, our Washington, D.C. non-profit law attorneys are committed to providing top quality, solutions-focused representation to our clients. We are ready to protect your organization’s rights and interests. To set up a strictly private review of your case, please contact our law firm today. We represent non-profit organizations in the District of Columbia and throughout the region.