Elsie J. C. Carter, Esq.
Ms. Carter is an associate attorney at Simms Showers, LLP, with a focus on federal immigration law. She has successfully advised, represented and defended clients in business and nonprofit immigration employment matters and investigations, and has extensive knowledge in visa applications and family-based immigration petitions. She is also in charge of consulting and managing nonprofit Charitable Solicitation Registrations in all 50 states. A native of Beijing, China, after living in multiple countries and gaining multi-cultural experience and understanding, Ms. Carter now resides in northern Virginia with her husband and young children. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, traveling, exploring different cuisines, and being active.
Admissions and Memberships
- New York State Bar (2020)
- New York State Bar Association
- College of William and Mary, Marshall-Whyte School of Law (LLM)
- Changzhou University, ShiLiang Law School (LLB)
- English (Fluent)
- Chinese (Native Mandarin)
- Visa applications
- Family based immigration petitions
- Green Card applications
- Change of Status
- H1-B Work Permit
- Nonprofit governance, charitable solicitations