David M. Hyams, Esq.
David Hyams represents businesses, churches, and non-profits in transactional and litigation matters, including corporate formation, employment, and commercial disputes. He also represents banks, corporate creditors, and trustees in bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings of various sizes and complexities.
Prior to joining Simms Showers, Mr. Hyams worked at large firms in the Rocky Mountain region, and most recently started his own solo practice.
Mr. Hyams regularly presents on church law topics and legal issues pertaining to Christian business owners. He also writes articles on the intersection of bankruptcy law and religious freedom, and has drafted amicus briefs supporting conscience rights and religious liberty for cases that have gone before state supreme courts and the United States Supreme Court.
Before pursuing his legal career, Mr. Hyams graduated from Denver Seminary. He thus considers lawyering to be a holy calling and views his law practice as ministry.
He and his wife, Abby, homeschool their two children in Rocky Mountains of Colorado.
- Commercial and civil litigation
- Non-profit and church law
- Bankruptcy and creditors’ rights
- Constitutional law
- Employment law
- J.D., University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, 2008
- M.A., Philosophy, Georgia State University, 2004
- M.A., Philosophy of Religion,Denver Seminary, 2003, Honors Graduate
- B.S., Health & Exercise Science,Colorado State University, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Idaho, 2008
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Idaho, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Colorado, 2010
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Colorado, 2010
- Colorado State Judicial District Courts, 2010
- Colorado Supreme Court, 2010
- Colorado Court of Appeals, 2010
- Colorado and Denver Bar Associations, Member
- Civil Rights Subcommittee for Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Idaho Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Faculty of Federal Advocates, Member
- Christian Legal Society, Member